Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finding Mr. Destiny or Finding Kim Jong Wook

What a delight to see Gong Yoo in something new! This movie was delightful and funny. I found myself laughing out loud for real. I think that the elements of First Love and Fate are basic building blocks in kdrama, but they were used in a different way here.
I'd like to see the stage play that this movie is based upon. I hear it's a hit in South Korea.
Im Soo Jung was great all dressed up and singing and dancing. I am a fan of hers but didn't know she had this talent. I'm used to the waif persona from things like "I'm Sorry, I Love You." and "I'm a Cyborg But That's Okay." This was refreshing and exciting.
I liked that they use Gong Yoo to play both the one searching and the one searched for. It gave depth to the idea of love yearned after.

I would recommend this movie if you want a fun, uplifting experience. The cast is filled with good actors that have solid careers, and is definitely a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment